Photo By Greg Hamil
Rockford wins one of two during wild weekend
Week 15 Results
Friday, Jan. 18: Peoria 1 vs. Rockford 3
Saturday, Jan. 19: Grand Rapids 11 vs. Rockford 6
Week 16 Schedule
Monday, Jan. 21 vs. Texas, 1:05 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 25 vs. Chicago, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 26 vs. Oklahoma City, 7:05 p.m.
Week 15 Recap:
With a couple of divisional contests on deck at the BMO Harris Bank Center during Week 15, the IceHogs treated fans to a pair of action-packed outings, with 21 goals scored between the two games. Rockford took the first contest on Friday night vs. Peoria but was routed by Grand Rapids on Saturday evening in front of a soldout crowd. The Hogs will host three more at the BMO during Week 16 before the All-Star break.
- Center Brandon Pirri accumulated four points on Saturday and in the process became Rockford’s all-time AHL points leader with 130 career points, surpassing Jack Skille’s mark of 128
- Pirri scored the game-winning goal on Friday, his 11th career game winner, also setting an IceHogs franchise record
- Rockford set a franchise record on Saturday with 139 minutes of penalty time and 230 combined PIMs with Grand Rapids
- Kyle Beach was whistled for a team-high 27 PIMs in the game
- After the altercation at 11:58 of the second period, Rockford was not called for another penalty in the game’s final 28:02
- Eight IceHogs skaters were handed game misconducts following the incident
- Rockford’s 14 game misconducts overall this season are six more than the next closest team, Grand Rapids, which received six of them during the second period bench clearing brawl
- The IceHogs also set a club mark by allowing 11 goals
- Entering Week 16, Rockford leads the AHL with 1,096 PIMs, 135 more than Syracuse who ranks second
- Jimmy Hayes has recorded a point in 10 games this season and of the 10, eight of them have been multi-point contests
- Five skaters who have played for Rockford this season have appeared in one of the first two Chicago Blackhawks regular season games
- The IceHogs hosted their second sellout of the season on Saturday with a season-high 6,219 in attendance, the seventh largest crowd in Rockford’s AHL era
Hot Hog: Week 15
Brandon Pirri Center
Third-year center Brandon Pirri racked up six points in two games in Week 15, including a season-high four on Saturday. Pirri opened the weekend with a pair of goals in Rockford’s 3-1 win over Peoria on Friday night. The centerman’s first goal of the night was the game winner, his fifth game winner on the season. The Toronto, Ontario native came back on Saturday and notched a goal and three assists in a wild 11-6 loss to Grand Rapids. Pirri also became Rockford’s all-time leading scorer on Saturday, marking his 129th career AHL point on an assist. Overall, Pirri ranks second on Rockford with 32 points and is tied for the club lead with 19 assists.
Monday, Jan. 21 vs. Texas Stars: The matinee starts at 1:05 p.m. Rockford and Texas meet on Martin Luther King Jr Day in Rockford’s annual matinee contest. It’s Kids’ Day as kids (18 and under) can get $5 tickets and take advantage of Kidcessions which include $1 hot dogs and soft drinks. Also, the first 1,500 kids 14-and-under will pick up an IceHogs drawstring bag courtesy of Hog Wash.
Friday, Jan. 25 vs. Chicago Wolves: Game time is slated for 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs and Wolves engage in another Illinois Lottery Cup matchup at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans to Friday’s game will pick up an IceHogs Fleece Blanket courtesy of OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
Saturday, Jan. 26 vs. Oklahoma City Barons: Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. For the first time this season, Rockford and Oklahoma City face off as Saturday’s game is the first of four meetings on the season. The first 2,500 fans through the turnstiles will pick up a set of 2012-13 retro Rockford IceHogs trading cards sponsored by the Rockford Register Star.
Bud Light Hog Talk On Hiatus:
Bud Light Hog Talk will return to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 11. Distict is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck and Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.