From chicagoblackhawks.com: (link)
Some memorable dates this week in Blackhawks history:
- Patrick Sharp make his debut with the Hawks on December 7, 2005 after being obtained in a trade with Philadelphia. Sharp won 7-of-9 faceoffs in the 2-1 OT win over the Rangers. In his next game against Atlanta on the the 11th, Sharp picked up his first points in a Chicago uniform with two assists in a 5-4 shootout decision over the Thrashers.
- Grant Mulvey, who holds the team mark with five goals in a game, set a Hawk record when he fired 12 shots during a 2-2 tie against the Flyers on December 10, 1980.
- A Chicago standard for most goals by two teams in a game (21) came on December 11,1985 when the defending Cup champion Oilers, led by Wayne Gretzky, outlasted the Hawks at the Stadium 12-9.
- Jonathan Toews had a goal and two assists in addition to grabbing 10 of 12 facesoffs at the UC against LA in a 6-3 victory on December 12, 2007.
- Adam Burish picked up his first NHL point (an assist) in the same game (December 12, 2007) and Cam Barker appeared in his 100th NHL game on the same date last year in a 4-3 decision over Colorado.
- Darryl Sutter was the difference with the only four goal game of his career when the Hawks whipped Quebec 7-3 at the Stadium on December 12, 1982.
- On December 13, 2002, Alex Zhamov's goal on a penalty shot in Buffalo earned the Hawks a 1-1 tie with the Sabres.
- Cliff Koroll became the first Hawks rookie to register a hat trick when he connected at the Stadium on December 14, 1969 against Philadelphia in a 4-1 victory.
- The historic date of December 15, 1929 saw the Hawks play their first game at the Chicago Stadium as they beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-1.
- At the Stadium on December 15, 1985, Denis Savard tallied the second penalty shot goal of his career when he beat Detroit goalie Greg Stephan in a 6-4 Hawks triumph.
- On December 15, 1965, Bobby Hull connected on the third of four goal games in a Hawk uniform, when Chicago ripped Boston 8-4 at the Stadium.
- Also, on the same date in 2003, Keith Magnuson, was killed in a tragic auto accident in Canada. Fittingly, the popular former team captain and coach, had his #3 jersey retired last year along with Hall of Famer Pierre Pilote.
- Last year on December 16, 2008 Brian Campbell scored his first game-winner in a Hawks uniform as Chicago routed Edmonton 9-2 at the UC. In the same game, Colin Fraser had his first three-point NHL game with a goal and two assists.
- Also on the 16th in 2006, Duncan Keith had a career high three assists in a 6-4 win at Columbus.