Photo By Gregg Forwerck
Rockford earns six points during Week 8 to move into first place
Week 8 Results:
Tuesday, Nov. 27 Texas 5 vs. Rockford 4
Wednesday, Nov. 28 Rockford 4 at Chicago 2
Saturday, Dec. 1 Rockford 5 at Charlotte 2
Sunday, Dec. 2 Rockford 4 at Charlotte 1
Week 9 Schedule:
Friday, Dec. 7 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 8 vs. Chicago, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 9 at Grand Rapids, 3 p.m.
Week 8 Recap:
For the first time all season, the Rockford IceHogs (12-9-0-1) sit atop the standings in the Midwest Division after taking six out of a possible eight points during Week 8. The Hogs roll into Week 9 with three tilts against three different divisional opponents.
- The IceHogs have won five straight road games after starting the 2012-13 campaign with a 1-4-0-1 record away from Rockford
- Rockford finished its busiest stretch of the season of seven games in 12 days with a record of 6-1-0-0, including taking three out of four games in Week 8
- Defenseman Adam Clendening notched six points (1g-5a) in Week 8, including two multi-point games
- The rookie d-man ranks tied for sixth in scoring among AHL defenseman with four goals and 12 assists, along with five multi-point efforts on the season
- Over Rockford’s last four contests, the power play has converted on 31.81% of their chances, going 7-for-22
- The IceHogs have scored on 21 of their 106 opportunities on the man advantage and rank seventh overall in the AHL
- Winger Jeremy Morin registered his team-leading ninth goal of the season in Saturday’s 5-2 win over Charlotte
- Five of Morin’s tallies have come on the man advantage for Rockford, putting him tied for second in the league for power-play goals
- Rockford’s offense has picked up as of late, averaging 4.29 goals per game over their last seven games
- The Hogs 73 goals (3.32 goals per game) on the season are most in the Western Conference and second most in the AHL
- Defenseman Brett Ledba has assists in a team season-long four straight contests
- Andrew Shaw saw his four game goal scoring streak come to an end on Sunday but the second year pro has tallied points (4g-2a) in five straight games
- Winger Ben Smith has also garnered points in five straight contests for Rockford, with three goals and four assists.
- Team captain Martin St. Pierre has registered goals (4g) in three straight games
- On Saturday, St. Pierre dropped the gloves and fought Charlotte’s Jerome Samson to receive his first fighting penalty since 4/14/07
Hot Hog: Week 8
Defenseman Adam Clendening
Rookie defenseman Adam Clendening has been hot for the IceHogs, recording six points (1g-5a) in four games in Week 8 and helping the club pick up three wins. Clendening got off to a quick start to the week, dishing out two helpers on Tuesday against Texas before adding another assist on the IceHogs game-tying goal in Wednesday’s eventually comeback win over Chicago. Then, the rookie d-man chipped in with his fifth multi-point game of the season on Saturday to start the weekend for Rockford. The Niagara Falls, N.Y. native closed out the week with his fourth goal of the season in the IceHogs 4-1 victory in Charlotte. Clendening tallied four (1g-5a) of his six points on the power play, steering the Hogs to finish the week 7-22 on the man advantage (31.81%).
Friday, Dec. 7 vs. Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is 7:05 p.m. The Admirals and IceHogs meet for the second time this season, both so far at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The Midwest Division rivals will faceoff a total of 12 times this season, including five times in December.
Saturday, Dec. 8 vs. Chicago Wolves: The Hogs host the Wolves at 7:05 p.m. for an Illinois Lottery Cup matchup. The contest is also Teddy Bear Toss Night where fans bring a new teddy bear/stuffed animal to the game and throw it on to the ice after the first IceHogs goal. All teddy bears/stuffed animals will be collected and donated to various charities throughout the Rockford community.
Sunday, Dec. 9 at Grand Rapids Griffins: A 3 p.m. puck drop in Grand Rapids, the IceHogs and Griffins battle for a third time this season, all at the Van Andel Arena. The two clubs will square off five more times during the 2012-13 campaign.
No Bud Light Hog Talk Tonight:
Bud Light Hog Talk has the week off, but returns on Dec. 10 at District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center on West State Street. Fans can join Mike Peck from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as he chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. Next week’s guests will feature IceHogs forwards Kyle Beach and Philippe Paradis. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on WIFR’s 23.2 “Weather Now.”
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on WIFR’s 23.2, “Weather Now.” The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel 436 or Mediacom 101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.