01/22/2009 4:20 PM
- From chicagoblackhawks.com (link
Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks in HD, posted significant television ratings for the first half of the 2008-09 NHL season, which resulted in solid increases compared to last season at the All-Star Game break. In addition, ratings for Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks pre/post shows have also increased from last year.
Comcast SportsNet’s ratings for the Chicago Blackhawks are currently averaging a 1.1 household rating at the season’s mid-point (approx. 38,422 households watching per game) -- an 83% increase compared to last season’s 0.6 average at the All-Star Game break. The 1.1 average is also Comcast SportsNet’s highest-ever Blackhawks average to date at the All-Star break.
Note the following additional Blackhawks ratings highlights on Comcast SportsNet so far this season:
- Currently, 14 Blackhawks telecasts have averaged at least a 1.0 household rating this season. In 50 total telecasts last season, only six games averaged at least a 1.0 rating.
- Comcast SportsNet has also experienced massive year-to-year ratings increases in a number of key advertiser demo categories, including: Men 18-49 (1.1 avg., up 120% from last season), Men 25-54 (1.3 avg., up 160% from last season) and Adults 25-54 (0.8 avg., up 100% from last season).
- For the month of December 2008, a month in which the Blackhawks won eight of nine games on CSN, the network averaged a 1.2 household rating (with three telecasts averaging a 1.6), making it the highest “monthly” Blackhawks average on a Chicago regional sports network since January 1998 (1.2).
- Comcast SportsNet’s Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live ratings are currently up 22% compared to last season at the All-Star break, while Smirnoff Blackhawks Post Game Live ratings have increased 80%.
Comcast SportsNet will continue its comprehensive Blackhawks coverage throughout the second half of the 2008-09 NHL season with every home and road game available in HD (where available). CSN’s next Blackhawks telecast takes place on Wednesday, January 28 at Anaheim (coverage begins at 8:30pm).