11/09/2009 11:18 AM
- IceHogs begin six game homestand on Friday
Week 6 Recap
After playing 12 of their first 17 games on the road, the Rockford IceHogs finally get a homestand. Rockford ended the road stretch with a win on Saturday in Abbotsford, ending a six-game road winless streak. The IceHogs also knocked off San Antonio during Week 6 at the Rockford MetroCentre, where they will play their next six games.
Week 6 Results
Wednesday, Nov. 4: San Antonio 3 vs. Rockford 5
Friday, Nov. 6: Rockford 2 at Abbotsford 4
Saturday, Nov. 7: Rockford 2 at Abbotsford 1
Week 7 Schedule
Friday, Nov. 13 vs. Texas, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 14 vs. Abbotsford, 7:05 p.m.
- Rockford ended a team AHL record seven-game road winless streak on Saturday with their 2-1 win at Abbotsford
- Winger Nathan Davis recorded his sixth goal of the season on Saturday in his 15th game played
- Davis tallied five goals during his rookie campaign in 2008-09, playing in 49 contests for Rockford
- Rookie defenseman Brian Connelly leads the IceHogs with 39 shots on goal
- Rockford won its first game this season on Saturday when tied after a period as they were scoreless with Abbotsford after the first frame
- Goalie Joe Fallon has a .963 save percentage over his last three appearances, turning away 79 of 82 shots faced
- Rockford has scored two or less goals in seven of their past eight games
- The IceHogs will begin their second longest homestand on Friday, a six game stretch spanning until Nov. 25
- Rockford has played an AHL high 12 games on the road so far
- Jassen Cullimore scored his first AHL goal since Nov. 20, 1999 on Wednesday, nearly a 10-year span between AHL
- Cullimore’s last AHL goal came while skating with Providence at Lowell
- Winger Bryan Bickell was reassigned back to the IceHogs on Saturday
Hot Hog Week 6:
The IceHogs second year goaltender Joe Fallon was nearly perfect in his two outings for Rockford in Abbotsford during Week 6. In relief on Friday night Fallon turned away all 26 shots he faced. Fallon followed up Friday’s performance with a 31 save outing in helping Rockford to a 2-1 win over the Heat, Fallon’s second career AHL win.
Friday, Nov. 13 vs. Texas Stars: The puck is set to drop at 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs and Stars meet for the first time in 2009-10. The first 2,500 fans into the building will get an IceHogs cape courtesy of Rasmussen College and The Eagle. Overall, the Hogs and Stars will face off eight times this season.
Saturday, Nov. 14 vs. Abbotsford Heat: Game time is slated for 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs and Heat meet for third time this season, but first in Rockford. The first 2,500 fans to the game will pick up a Mike Peck bobblehead courtesy of Dental Dimensions, 23 WIFR and 1330 AM, WNTA.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Rockford IceHogs fans can catch all of the IceHogs regular and post-season games on the Hogs flagship radio station Rockford’s Voice, WNTA-AM 1330 and 30 regular season games on ESPN Radio 1380-AM, WTJK. Fans can also watch and listen to the Hogs on the World Wide Web with AHL Live! Visit the IceHogs Web site (icehogs.com) and click on the “click here to watch the AHL Live” icon, and for just $7, you can catch all of the IceHogs action on your computer. Also, fans with Comcast Cable television can tune in to Channel 57 for all the IceHogs hockey action this season. The broadcast begins with the Pregame Show 30 minutes before the puck drops. Make sure to give your opinion during the Comcast Post-Game Call-In Show following each game at (815) 874-8255.
Hog Talk Tonight At Cousin’s Bar and Grill:
Join WXRX’s Jim Stone from 6-7 p.m. tonight at Cousin’s Bar and Grill as he chats with IceHogshead coach Bill Peters as well as winger and team captain Jake Dowell and goalie Joe Fallon. Cousin’s is located on the corner of East State St. and Perryville in Rockford, and take advantage of some great food and Bud Light specials. If you can’t make it out to Cousin’s, tune into 1330 AM, WNTA.
Tickets Now On Sale!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2009-10 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Rockford MetroCentre Box Office in downtown Rockford, at Hog Headquarters inside Cherryvale Mall or on the Web at www.metrocentre.com. Tickets start at just $10.